Tuesday 15 November 2011

Magazine Advert & Digipack improvements and Final Versions.

The feedback I received for my magazine advert and digipack gave me some obvious improvements that need to be made.

I felt myself that the outside cover of the digipack was a lot stronger than the inside. This thought was backed up from the feedback I recieved. The images I put in on the right handside of the inside cover were strung together in a bit of a rush for my draft. I think the right page was quite overloaded with text and used images too similar to the ones on the front cover. On the inside, I also used a patterned blue and red background, in a low opacity as a suttle way to join all the inside pages together. I think the inside looks better where they all use the same image or pattern to join them together.

I used an image of the band peforming and filtered the image in the same way as the front cover and put this on the insde right page and moved the text with the acknowledgements onto the left handside page.
FINAL DIGIPACK
As for the poster, the improvements I needed to make were fairly simple. I was quite happy with my draft poster, but it was pointed out to me in my feedback that some of the text sizes did not work and some minor layout changes. I changed the size of the release date and made all text fairly compact to the centre of the page. I also aimed to make the band and album name the main focus of the advert. After looking more at other examples of Magazine adverts I got a better idea and paid more attention to text layout and sizing, also how it can really be effective.
FINAL MAGAZINE ADVERT/POSTER

No comments:

Post a Comment